Saturday, October 7, 2023

Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge Day #1

 O.k., as always, I am running behind!  October 3rd marked the beginning day for the Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge blog.  The Challenge is in honor of Janis Woolbright, who had the wonderful Cat Lover's Blog Hop every year in October.  Sadly, Janis passed this past January.  Jo, from the Kickstart Challenge wanted to continue the tradition that Janis implemented every year to honor her memory.  



Janis was a kind and beautiful soul!  She always had the nicest things to say to everyone, and she made all of the posters on her blog feel so welcome!  She was an avid cat lover and also a wonderful card maker.  She made such lovely cards.  October was always a fun time on her blog with the October Cat Lover's Blog Hop.  That is where I came to know just a little of Janis.  She shared the cutest kitty jokes and pics on her blog, and I looked forward to seeing her posts and her beautiful cards.  She was super kind and always left the nicest comments on my blog.  I have missed her!  I enjoyed getting the notice of her posts in my feed and seeing what she made, and I also miss her sweet comments on my blog.  She was a bright light in this world, and her absence has left a void.  I have no doubts that she is in heaven spreading her kindness and warmth and giving animals and cats much love and affection!  That is just the impression I have left of her in my heart.

I don't know that I've had the opportunity to participate in one of Jo's challenges in the past, but I am so looking forward to playing in her Cat Lover's Challenge.  The theme is Cats and Christmas, so be sure that the cards you would enter feature Christmas and a cat.  I have been looking forward to it, and it is going to be lots of fun.  There are lots of games and prizes and random drawings.  There will be people posting about their kitties and lots of fun to be had.  I know Jo has worked really hard on this; along with some other ladies that have helped her, so it is awesome to see what she has done!  The challenge runs through October 31st.  I hope to see you there!  The Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge



3 comments:

  1. Hi, I have been having trouble with your blog for some reason, loads of adverts and can’t comment. Then I went from the link in Jo’s email and it was fine. Normally I click on the “Follow it” email. Take care, I am a bit behind as well x Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous words you've said about our dear Janis. Yes, we miss her, her posts and the time she always took commenting. She was a beautiful soul xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have made this connection with you and all the Helpful Hoppers, Chris. Janis was all about kindness and support and friendship and guess what... She's still working her magic for us all. Big hugs and thanks for signposting the way to our challenge here on your blog, Jo x

    ReplyDelete